top of page

Post-Decree Modifications and Enforcement

Even after an order is made, you may find yourself in need of a modification or enforcement of that order. Our attorneys can help you pursue a modification of a custody order if you are seeking to relocate or if you are seeking a change in a child support order. We can also assist you if you are seeking to prevent a modification.

For more information or to schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer serving individuals, families, and businesses throughout Lewisville, Bedford, Tarrant County, Denton County and the surrounding areas of Texas, please give us a call today.

Child Custody, Parenting Time, and Visitation After Divorce

   At the time of divorce, the courts will make decisions regarding custody and visitation rights of both parties. Usually these decisions will be based off where the child currently resides, who was the primary caretaker during the marriage, and generally, the best needs of the child. As your attorneys, we will present necessary evidence to accomplish your objectives in or out of court.

Unless there are extreme circumstances, the courts will generally not grant one parent sole legal and physical custody. Texas law favors joint custody, and under a standard possession order, you will still have access to your children for about a third of a year if you are not the primary custodian.

Custody battles can be one of the most stressful situations you can be in.  Let us help take the stress out of it for you.  Don't let the other parent push you around or make you think that they have control.  With clear orders drafted by an attorney, you can eliminate most  confusion when it comes to your kids.  Call us today for a consultation on how to give yourself and your child a better, less stressful future.  

bottom of page